My husband casually asked me recently, one evening whilst watching a film, "...ever regret getting married so young?"
I was just 23 when we married, 22 when we met and before I was 24, had my first baby. My response, was not quite the natural one of , "Of course not darling, I love you, its the best decision I ever made..." No... it came out slightly differently, I said,
" I wish I'd slept with more Rockstars and Models first!"
Ha! I have to admit I did go through a short lived phase of just adoring male models, in all the flashy nightclubs, wearing the dappa suits and elegantly poised like Caligula! But... in a very short few weeks after a handful of said model conquests, it turns out, they are boring as hell, and as lively as your Gran in bed, down to the fact they are so in love with themselves they don't even try!
Rockstars on the other hand... Whole different ball-game; by this point in the conversation my husband was both mildy surprised and also not, at the same time, as he says often, "Nothing about you shocks me anymore!"
"Now- Rockstars, musicians", (I went on to say) "have talent, passion and are usually albeit egotistical, rarely actually that handsome, so deep down they still feel they need to 'work for it' a little."
My husband laughed,
"seriously? you wish you had slept with more Rockstars? How, pray tell, would you have managed this?"
I was on a roll by now, away with my imagination and back to being 21 in my head, the rubbish out of my mouth was completely disconnected with my logical brain... "I'd have been a die hard fan - you've not really lived until you've been a groupie! I mean look at the 70's...."
I wish I had been a teenager in the 70's SO badly it hurts, the whole ethos of it would have suited me down to the ground, Free Love, Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll baby YE! Hmmm in another life....
Anyway, so the conversation progressed, "how about Rockstars now?"
Good question, didn't take much time to put together my all time top 5, but as I pointed out to him politely, I'd have liked to have done more than 5! He hung and shook his head in slow amazement...
1. Dave Grohl - Foo Fighters..... Well bend me over, slap my ass and colour me happy... Hell yes!
2. (I know hes dead!) Kurt Cobain... What a crazy ass dude - rock out with your cock out!
3. Adam Levine - he can sing! And that voice makes you want to take his clothes off and do bad, bad things!
4. Andre 3000... (Now I'm personally not into black men, nothing racist, they just don't usually do it for me), BUT, having met him when I was working as a dancer at one of the MTV awards, he was so utterly charming, I so coulda,woulda,shoulda....
5. Nickleback... I'm a sucker for long hair, I once dated a guy cos he had the most amazing long hair - YES he was a model too, but he was very dark brooding and a talented actor as well, but come on, this guys tunes ROCK- you know he would be wanting an orgy with a group of bunny girls from the playboy mansion! Ubba Ubba!
I could go on... but my husband quietly stopped me, before I got too carried away... He is quite used to this sort of outburst of enthusiasm.
I try not to discuss sex with anyone, as I have found, over the years, we are all very very different, and what turns one on, shocks another, so I tend to learn to keep my bedroom antics to myself. But I do truly believe we have in us all, a latent sex goddess, waiting for worship/retribution/kink, I just wish more women would let it out.
Now being in a "committed" relationship with two small children, sex is often the last thing on my mind, so I have reverted to learning and educating myself in the hope of reigniting a new kind of passion... (other than hot men and handcuffs) - Tantric...
Check a few out for yourselves, I've been to the odd one or two, they are fun, approachable and totally enjoyable!
I'll let you know how it goes after I attend my first " tantric workshop"!